This turkey meatloaf is a recipe from our very own Sally Gordon, former owner of Gordon’s Cafe & Wine Bar in Yountville, and is the ultimate in winter comforts foods. You may like to wash this down with a little of our 2010 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel or possibly even the 2011 McFadden Farm Zinfandel
|Saturday Night Turkey Meatloaf|
- 2 lbs of ground dark turkey meat
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 packet of matzo meal (Striet’s or Maneschevitz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Walla Walla sweet onion or other sweet onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper to taster
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 3 slices applewood sliced bacon – excess fat removed
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Process onion until almost liquid.
- Chop bell pepper.
- Add all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Turn into large loaf pan or similar pan.
- Spread ketchup over top.
- Place bacon strips on top of meatloaf and place in the oven.
- Cook until coming away from the sides and, when pierced, is cooked through.